- a Conservative majority government
- a coalition of Liberals, NDP and Bloc
There are a multitide of optional results to the vote on May 2nd.
They include the two Harper proposes along with others:
- A Liberal majority government
- A Liberal minority government, with a loose alliance with the NDP alone, on specific issues
- A Conservative minority government with much fractiousness and more shouting in Parliament
- An NDP minority government with a loose alliance with the Liberals, on specific issues
In addition to the nickname of Stephen Hubris, we could legitimately add: Stephen Binary Hubris, as if all complex issues can and will be reduced to two options, and those will come, always and inevitably, from the mind of the Prime Minister.
If Harper thought he was on a short leash in the last elections, it just got tighter as a consequence of his own attitudes, statements and actions...hopefullly so short that he will be reduced to the Leader of the Opposition and be forced out by his party as leader.